Where should you go?
In Kiev, competition between clubs is quite strong. Old proven institutions compete for customers with new ones, attracting while using all the available ways of showing their advantages: discounts on the bar, famous DJs, invited stars, promotions, contests and so on.
However, there is still a certain gradation of night clubs. First, at prices and the public that goes there.Therefore, we decided to break our list into three categories, so that everyone could find a place to their liking and afford.
Options for students:
This is an old club, which started work more than 5-6 years ago near Lukyanovka. It has mostly those people who do not have money for clubs in the centre. Face-control is very conditional – everyone who pays for entry gets into the club because the public is very colourful.
Proceeding from such a policy of the institution, the public on the average is very young – 18-25 years. The prices are not that high, 20-30% less than in the disco bars on Khreshchatyk. Music is also quite interesting- hits of the 80s, performances by invited DJs. The club is in the basement. Interior – not a high ceiling, Hi-Tech design, two bar counters, a dance floor (capacity 600 people).
- Public: youth, students, residents of the nearby hostel, foreigners (Turks, Arabs, Chinese).
- Pros: low prices at the bar, inexpensive entrance (girls – 10 to 30 hryvnia, men – 15 to 45 hryvnia), the ability to easily make lists for free entry or discount.
- Cons: not the most refined music, insufficient security, placement in the basement, low level of face control, uncomfortable territorial location.
One of the most favourite places of the students of the University of Shevchenko. After all, “Saxon” is in the Goloseevsky district, just near the youth. From the centre, hardly anyone will dare to come here. Since the main audience is students, the International Student Day, which will be celebrated once in all the capital’s clubs this week, is stretched here for two days – Tuesday and Wednesday.
Music – electro, pop, R’n’B, performances of invited DJs.The club consists of two floors. Interior – high ceilings, wooden staircase and balconies, bar counters, two dance floors and a stage.
- Public: schoolchildren, students, residents of nearby hostels
- Pros: low prices at the bar, inexpensive entrance (for girls – from 25 to 50 hryvnia, for men – 30 to 60 hryvnia), there is a school of DJs, it’s easy to make lists for free admission or a discount.
- Cons: low level of face control, uncomfortable location, not very sophisticated music and interior.
“Fast and the Furious”
The old proven place is extremely popular. The main feature of the club is the 80’s party. They come from all over Kiev. Music – hits 80’s, trance, R’n’B, trance, pop, performances of invited DJs.
The main visitors of the “Fast and the Furious” are the Kiev students. So, for example, this week here one after another there will be closed parties-celebrations of the holiday of students of NAU and KPI. In addition, there will be a general party for the Student’s Day.
The club consists of three floors and a separate balcony. Interior – high ceilings, wooden staircase and balconies, bar counters, two dance floors and a stage.
- Public: schoolchildren, students, foreigners (Turks, Arabs)
- Pros: an inexpensive bar, inexpensive entrance (for girls – usually free, guys – from 20, after 4-00 all for free), the ability to easily make lists for the free entrance or discount, there is a music history museum and a school of DJs.
- Cons: low level of face control, uneasy territorial location, motley public, not very exquisite music, gray interior.
“In the area”
A recently opened club in Troeschina. Only residents come here, since the centre is very far from the centre. So, if you are not afraid of the Troeschina youth, you are welcome. Moreover, the entrance here almost always to 21 or 23 – free.
Music – pop, R’n’B, performances of invited DJs.The club consists of two floors. Interior – two bars, a sports bar, a dance floor, a sushi bar.
- Public: schoolchildren, students, residents of Troieschyna and surrounding massifs
- Pros: low prices on the bar, inexpensive entrance (girls – 30 to 40 hryvnia, men – 30 to 60 hryvnia), works without days off, show football, the ability to easily make lists for free entry or discount.Cons: low level of face control, insufficient security, uncomfortable territorial location, not very sophisticated music and interior.
Options for the middle class:
This place became very popular among the people of Kiev. This is not surprising. After all, the institution is located with a more pretentious and hard-to-reach club “Arena”, it has considerably fewer requirements to the public because here it is always full of youth.
The audience is quite young – up to 27-30 years. A lot of students, but mostly Kyivans – they have money for drinks (for example, vodka with energy drinks costs 40 hryvnia here, which is much cheaper than in the neighbouring Arena).
Music is pop, R’n’B. The club is small. Interior – a bar, two small halls, two not very spacious dance floors, low ceilings.
- Public: students, youth, foreigners.
- Pros: average prices on the bar, inexpensive entrance (girls – free, men – from 50 hryvnia), the ability to easily make lists to get free entry, a convenient location.
- Cons: they let practically everyone in a row, have little space, not very sophisticated music and interior.
Once it was considered one of the best clubs in the capital (there are many years). However, over the past two years he has badly deteriorated and even does not breathe to the back of such exquisite and expensive institutions as Dynamo Lux (which is located next door) or Arena.
Although, one way or another, and the queue at the entrance to the “Patipa” still have a place to be on Fridays and Saturdays.Music – Pop, R’n’B, DJ sets.The club is large enough, it consists of two floors (a common dance floor and a hidden VIPzone). Interior – three bar counters, a spacious dance floor, high ceilings.
- Public: youth, foreigners
- Pros: average prices, the ability to easily make lists to get free entrance, convenient location, promotions on the bar.
- Cons: almost all are allowed in a row, very dark, a lot of annoying foreigners and unsympathetic girls, an uncomfortable entrance (you mustwait in line).
At the place where this club is currently operating, there were already a few clubs before, but they quickly closed. However, this disco bar became popular. Especially a lot of foreigners here. Sometimes it seems that foreign delegations come to rest here after their congresses.
The audience is on average older than in student clubs. Here you can see dancing 35-year-olds, 40-year-olds and even 50-year-old guests. Music disposes – Disco 80’s alternate with modern hits and Latin. The club is large enough; it consists of two floors and a basement. Interior – a large round bar, soft sofas, a spacious dance floor, high ceilings.
- Public: young people, middle-aged people, foreigners (Italians, French, Americans, Englishmen).
- Pros: not very expensive entrance (women – up to 90 hryvnia, man up to 120 hryvnia, on weekdays and sometimes on Sundays – admission is free), sufficient convenient location, good music, striptease bar, parties with stars.
- Cons: strict face control, the price of the bar is above average, there are not enough young people.
A bit fancier:
One of the most expensive clubs in the capital – both in appearance and in prices at the bar. Here the wealthiest Kiev clubbers, rich foreigners, businessmen gather, in the lounge-bar you can see local celebrities and even occasionally politicians. This is one of those places after which you would go to a casino with other popular guests. You can find online casinos with much better payouts to prepare for that experience. Are you ready for it?
Every weekend, under the entrance to the club, builds a long column of “Lexus”, “Mercedes”, “Infinity” and “Boomers.” The red path leads to the club, the building itself is located away from the road and is standing on three floors (in the first there is a toilet and a wardrobe, on the second lounge bar, in the third disco). The club is very large. The interior is rich and refined. A large dance floor, a lot of bar counters, an original toilet, soft sofas.No wonder that getting into the “De Luxe” is not so simple – there is strict control at the entrance. They let in only in evening clothes.
The club is large enough, it consists of two floors and a basement. Interior – a large round bar, soft sofas, a spacious dance floor, high ceilings.
- Public: “golden” youth, celebrities, middle-aged people, rich foreigners (Italians, French, Americans, Englishmen).
- Pros: great location, good music, parties with stars, beautiful public, great interior.
- Cons: expensive entrance (women – from 50 hryvnia, men from 150-200 hryvnia), strict face control, very expensive bar, not very polite guards.
Good old club for the “golden youth” and players of the football club “Dynamo” Kiev. It is in the heart of the city. I recommended myself several years ago. Since then, do not give up the position.Has been working for a long time. There are always themed parties, concerts and shows with the attraction of show business stars.
- Pleasant interior, a large dance floor, beautiful pizza, a pleasant audience, good music.There are always a lot of people in the Arena.Public: “golden” youth, students, celebrities (showbiz, football players, politicians), middle-aged people, rich foreigners (Italians, French, Americans, Englishmen).
- Pros: great location, good music, parties with stars, beautiful public, nice interior.
- Cons: expensive entrance (women – from 50 hryvnia, men from 150-200 hryvnia), strict face control, expensive bar, not very polite guards.
Last summer, this place by right could be called the most loved and visited among Kyivans and guests of the capital. Students and dancers, journalists, and even footballers danced here … The club was always crowded.Then it was unexpectedly shut down for repairs and only this fall it opened the doors again for visitors.
- However, after the repair, the club became “more serious”. The rules of entry, face control have become tougher, the bar has risen in price. But there are quite a few people who want to get into the disco club.Pleasant interior, a large dance floor, beautiful places, a pleasant audience, good music.Public: “golden” youth, students, celebrities, middle-aged people, rich foreigners (Italians, French, Americans, Englishmen).
- Pros: great location, good music, parties with stars, beautiful public, after repair.
- Cons: expensive entrance (women – from 100 hryvnia, men from 200 hryvnia), strict face control, expensive bar, it is extremely difficult to make lists for a discount on entry or free entry.